An empty blog is like an empty canvas with a huge palate of paint and brushes sitting nearby. The child would know instinctively what to do: plunge in wholeheartedly, joyfully, with absolute confidence. But I am an adult, and my students are adults. We approach our canvases of new experience with trepidation, afraid that our efforts will somehow fall short of our ideals, concerned that we will somehow appear foolish or silly.
My blog now has some paint on it. I can begin.
My students are in their third week of class, and they have passed that stage of trepidation, and are now gloriously, wonderfully succeeding in sharing the art of their thoughts, ideas and talents on the blank canvas of the discussion boards. Hopefully they are having as much fun as I am.
This blog site will chronicle the online learning and teaching experience as best as I can manage on a busy schedule. I invite all comments and thoughts!
Cheers,
Catherine
My blog now has some paint on it. I can begin.
My students are in their third week of class, and they have passed that stage of trepidation, and are now gloriously, wonderfully succeeding in sharing the art of their thoughts, ideas and talents on the blank canvas of the discussion boards. Hopefully they are having as much fun as I am.
This blog site will chronicle the online learning and teaching experience as best as I can manage on a busy schedule. I invite all comments and thoughts!
Cheers,
Catherine
Comments
Post a Comment